We are pleased to have a great line up of classes! All classes meet once per week for one hour. Please arrive 15 minutes before each class starts.
Below are some brief descriptions of each class offered.
- Snowplow Sam 1-3 – these classes is specifically designed for beginning skaters that are 3-5 years old.
- Basic 1-8 – (ages 6-15) beginning skaters start at Basic 1 and progress to higher levels as specific skills(including jumps and spins) are mastered. If you have had some previous skating experience, but are unsure of your skill level, you will be assessed on the first day of class and placed accordingly.
- Adult 1-4 – beginner through advanced instruction is offered for those 16 and older.
- Beginning Hockey 1-4 – fundamentals of hockey skating skills instruction taught without a stick or puck. Skaters must skate at or above LTS Basic 2 before moving into the hockey class. Skaters will be evaluated before advancing in Learn To Play hockey.
- Learn to Play Hockey – Learn to play the game with sticks & equipment in a team atmosphere. Need approval from the skating director to move on to this class.
- Free Skate 1 – 6 For those who have passed Basic 8. Skaters will build on their skills and begin to work on Moves in the Field, spins, dance/footwork sequences and jumps.
- Skills & Drills Program – Basic 4 and above. Our focus is on mastering learned skills and developing new ones. Ice etiquette will be covered and there will be weekly team & individual challenges. All first year WFS club members are encouraged to take this class.